Re: Perfect place to live?

On Wed, 04 Mar 1998 11:44:34 -0500, Terri
<radandt@stephenson.k12.mi.us> wrote:

>My husband and I have a *dream* of eventually moving to somewhere with
>mountains (probably the Rockies), and so I would like to know from all
>of you experienced campers/trailriders, where would you live, if you
>could live anywhere?  Should have great access to trails, lots of
>beautiful scenery, not too many people, and, of course, mountains!  Be
>as specific as possible, so I can start sending out job
>applications<VBG>.  Thanks!

When I retired from my first career 18 months ago I faced that same
decision.  I could go anywhere there was employment for network
administrators.  I chose the front range of the Rockies in Colorado,
between Denver and Colorado Springs.  I came without having a job, and
had two good offers in a week -- high-tech jobs are plentiful here.
In fact, most job skills are in high demand here.

I've got some photos of my homestead on my website at
www.rnbw.com/house.html.

It's not quite perfect -- too many people have discovered it -- but
it's close.  I like to say it's where God goes on vacation.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net