Big Ol' Mountain

Glenda R. Snodgrass wrote:
 -- but Lakota slowed,
> looked up at that big ol' mountain, and tried to turn around!

Great story Glenda. The above reminds me of my mare sometimes. At the
last ride I was at a lady came into the vet check swearing at her horse
and telling the horse he is gonna be for sale. The ever-nosey me asks
what is wrong and she said her horse (a TB) just decided to stop and not
move. The horse was not over -stressed or didn't look tired, I guess he
decided that he didn't want to go anymore. She had to "hoof-it"
alongside her horse for a while before she got back on.

Just how common is it for the horse to balk at riding AND if your horse
does balk and needs some coaxing to go up the mountain, do they ever out
grow that behavior and become great endurance horses?

Lauren