Re: dog-hating horses and cruppers

Teach your horse to lunge. All riding horses should know how.  That's how you
check if you think your horse has a soundness problem.  If you take your horse
to the vet with a lameness problem, he will want to see him lunge.  It is also
the best way to introduce any sort of new tack or things like scoops that hang
off the saddle.

Debby Lyon

PS: I have burros that also attack dogs if they have a chance.  I don't know
what to do about it.