Re: riding and weapons

>Does the States really have that much more human trouble than Canada
>that
>ordinary people must really pack all this firepower?  Makes me nervous
>about coming down for rides.

Had a friend crossing the border into Canada.  The border guard asked him
if he had any weopons inside.  His reply was "What do you need?"  :-)

I don't think we in U.S. are crazy pistol packers, but we do value our
right to bear arms.  My preacher was asking a hypothetical question about
"how far would you go if your family was starving?"  He asked how many
parishoners owned a gun.  It was pretty much 100%.  How many have 2 or
more...about 97%. (Southern Baptists, don't tread on us!)  I'm sure he
could have asked, how many have ever used one for self defense and it
would have been 0%.

How does this fit in with endurance?  Which countries trust their riders
with the right to choose pace?  I'm not sure about who does, but I've
heard about a lot who don't lately.  I think we just value our freedoms
of choice...but with that comes responsibility.  We cannot claim to be
helpless, or that "you told me to go this pace".  Is that a bit of a
stretch?  O.K. maybe you're right.  But there is a pattern.

Angie

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]