possible new trail

Ride managers, Ranchers, please help if you can.

I have spoken with a gentleman who ranches near Cleburne and he has agreed
to let me come and talk with him about hosting an endurance ride on his
place.

I have a couple of questions:

1) about how much land do I need (aprox minimum) for an 18 mile loop, what
about a 10 + a 15?  This ranch is pretty big, but I think there are at
least a couple of sections that may be separated by paved roads.

2) (the big question) I am preparing some information to take to him about
endurance riding as a sport in general, and I will have some personal
references I can give him, but I would appreciate any input from ranchers
who have hosted rides or from ride managers who have used private land.
Big 'do's' and 'don'ts' and any special points to discuss with him.

Thanks in advance,
Becky Huffman