Riding and weapons

Here in SA , as you all probably know, many people carry guns - BUT I
have never seen anyone carrying while on horse back at a ride. Most of
our rides are on private property , or game farms , and in remote areas
. Many people carry in their cars etc - but I don't - I really can't
imagine someone hijacking a car towing a trailer with horses in it!! I
do all my training rides in a peri urban area amongst squatter
camps(sounds very exciting !!) , but everyone is so scared of horses
that i'm perfectly safe , and when I have hit problems , they have been
very helpful. It is a very sad state of life out here that we are very
safety conscious - but it is a way of life and not even noticeable to
most of us. I don't even think twice about the precautions we have to
take - they are just second nature.
Also , it is against the law to carry a gun in view of the public - so
if people have them we don't know.

Cindy Budler
National Contracts Department
Fabrication Division