Re: Weapon as camping equipment?

On Sun, 01 Mar 1998 08:24:09 -0500, "Frank W. Vans Evers" <vans@cyberspy.com>
wrote:

>I recommend that you use what is best for you. If you perfer a handgun
>please be proficient in its use AND check carefully the laws where you
>are going and camping. All federal land is "no guns". Many states have
>specific laws for transporting guns.

National parks are restricted, but "all federal land?"  I don't think so.

>Keep your eyes open and try not to place yourself in a position of risk.
>If you feel risk move somewhere else, do not worry about offending a new
>friend they might not be.

It would be difficult to keep up with all the myriad regulations on all of the
places we travel.  However, I follow the old law officer's adage:  "It's better
to be tried by twelve than to be carried by six."  I never carried a handgun
while riding, but there is *always* one in the camper.  "Moving" is not always
possible, let alone practical.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net