Re: Weapon as camping equipment?

>I think it was Raymond who mentioned to a female ridecamper that it
>would
>be a good idea to carry a weapon, not that she could expect to use it
>at an
>endurance ride!

I used to wonder, when we put on our Tellico Plain ride (picture a great
place to have a casting call for "Deliverance"), if any of the 100's were
"packing".  I'll guarentee you, if I was out there after dark, alone, on
a trail that was marked for anyone to see, that I would be.  We had a
group of drunk rednecks try to circle our vet at a very remote check,
fortunately our female vet was at another remote check, this one was 6'4,
285 lbs.

I used to carry mace, but I tried using it on a yellow jacket nest (bad
idea, that REALLY makes them mad) and found out that it was a terribly
fine mist that only went out about 2 feet, but in a very wide fanshap
spray.  That was not acceptable, (for one thing, half of it ended up on
me).  Next I got a can of "Halt" dog spray.  (What the meter man
carries).  That goes about 6', kind of like Hornet spray.

Do I sound like Rambo?  You should meet my new hauling partner, she is a
tiny little thing, and carries an arsenal, (they're just in her truck for
coyotes during calving season).  Let's just say, if her harasser  run
when she pulls the little gun, we can pick them off at 100 yds with
what's behind the seat!

Is Amy Whelan out there?  She and Connie Caudill told a story once, as
they were driving to our convention, a man kept driving next to them,
finally when she glanced over, he was exposing himself for her.  Connie
calmly reached over, got her chrome 357 off the seat, and held it out the
window at arms length aimed right at him.  Needless to say, he
accelerated rather quickly, and probably had to have counseling
afterward.  :-)

Angie,( don't know that much bout guns, but don't mind hauling with those
who do)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]