Re: Ride Development Program

Ramey Peticolas-Stroud wrote:

> Your suggestion to produce video tapes is a good one.   How would you
> present them to regional audiences?  What would you do to answer the
> individual questions of each student?
>
> Ramey

Well, one possibility that we're developing at Cal Poly is a Distance
Learning Program---there's a real-time video link with an instructor at
one end, with a satellite link to the audience at the other end.  Either
the entire class can be taught this way, or the video can be shown to
the entire group, and then individual questions asked and answered
through the uplink.  At the moment, the equine exercise physiology class
at UC Davis is being taught this way, with the instructor never leaving
the Cal Poly campus.

It does require a certain amount of technology, but most universities
have the capability and are willing to cooperate for a sizeable group.
We've found, however, that if the video is well-thought out and run past
several groups to anticipate typical questions, than 95% of most
questions can be answered in the video itself, and therefore doing a
video link isn't vital.

Susan