Re: Exhibitors and the AERC Convention

Dominique Freeman's post about exhibitors and the AERC Convention should be
required reading for every member of the Board and every person in the AERC
office planning future conventions.  Thanks for the well-organized input,
Dominique.

Regarding why Convention is where it is when it is--the frequency that the
Convention goes East was intended to mirror the demographics of our sport.  I
think it is great that the majority have easy access most of the time, but
that the minority get the opportunity to have it in their own backyard often
enough to enjoy without a major trip.

For the record--I have been East to both conventions, and don't see that
getting on a plane is much more of a deterent than the seven hour drive to
Reno.  Actual time off work is the same, rooms and food are about the same,
and it is only a couple hundred more to fly East than to drive to Reno.  I am
sure the same can be said in the other direction.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)