Re: sanctioning LD rides

Greetings All!
At the 1997 AERC Convention in Reno the LD Committee specifically addressed
this issue, and the BOD concurred.  This rule was interpreted to mean that:
ANY ride of a distance between 25-35 miles is considered a LD ride-it does
not matter what it is called- and any LD ride held with or within an
adjacent 24-hour time period of an AERC sanctioned Endurance ride must be
sanctioned.  As Bob pointed out, there are no such things as "standing
rules".  However, there are certainly BOD interpretations of rules, subject
to clarification through the P&G process if needed.
Happitrails!
Brad.

 ><<<<You're right according to the printed rules -
>
>1.4 Limited Distance Rides may be offered but must be sanctioned into the
>AERC
>     Limited Distance Program and held in conjunction with an AERC
>sanctioned
>     Endurance ride and must be regulated by AERC Rules and Regulations,
>with the
>     following provisos:
>A ride cannot offer an unsanctioned LD ride.>>>
>
>A ride cannot offer Limited Distance Ride, call it a Limited Distance Ride
>with our AERC sanctioning. They can offer the same distance and call it a
>pleasure ride and AERC cannot do any thing about it.
>
><<<BUT - according to Courtney Hart, there is an AERC standing rule that
>a non-sanctioned event cannot be held at the same time, same course,
>as a sanctioned event.>>>>
>
>There is no such thing as a ěstanding ruleî!!!! If it is not in the AERC
>Articles of Incorporation, the AERC By-laws, or the AERC Rules &
>Regulations then it isnít a rule.  Now, we have many precedents set in the
>past that are ignored. Arlene at one time collected all of these and
>submitted them to the AERC. No one cared the least so they were ignored.
>
>Bob Morris

                                                      1998  ENDURANCE CALENDAR

* April 11:  BOXELDER TRAILS 30/50 & 15 mile ROOKIE Ride (Wellington, CO)
* April 25-26:  PAWNEE GRASSLANDS I 25/50/75/100 Elevator/25/50  & 15 mile
        ROOKIE Rides * Mountain Region National Series Championship Ride *
        (Briggsdale,  CO)
* June 20:  BEAVER MEADOWS 25/50/75/100 & 15 mile ROOKIE Ride
         (Red Feather Lakes, CO)
* July 18:  A MIDSUMMER'S MOONLIGHT RIDE 30/50 & 15 mile ROOKIE Ride
        (Wellington, CO)
* August 3-7:  2ND ANNUAL ROCKY MOUNTAIN RIDE 55/55/55/55/30-55 *Pioneer
        Event * (Monday-Friday; Arlington, Centennial and Mountain Home,
Wyoming &
           Gould, Red Feather Lakes, and Stove Prairie, Colorado - Each day
is a seperate
           event, and rig drivers are available - Pre-Registration deadline
is July 1st)
* September 5-7:  HORSETHIEF PASS 25/50/25/50/25/50 & 15 mile ROOKIE Rides
        *Pioneer Event* (Walden, CO)
* October 17:  PAWNEE GRASSLANDS II 30/50/75/100 Elevator  & 15 mile ROOKIE
         Ride (Briggsdale,  CO)
* November-December:  Winter rides to be announced.

 ***All Pre-Registration deadlines are nine days (postmarked) before the
ride unless otherwise noted.

                  ***PLEASE, IF YOU DON'T RIDE THE RIDE, VOLUNTEER!***

"There is no better way to see the world than from the back of a horse."

- Teddy Roosevelt

RIDE INFO:
 Email:  mbp@holly.colostate.edu
Mail:  1600 West Plum Street #28-H, Fort Collins, Colorado  80521
Phone/Fax:  970-491-8891