Re: Does anyone have the results of the FLORIDA 100 ?

Hi Nora,

I was over there on Fri. helping with PRs..(1st day of 100); there were
only 18 entered in the 100..Carol Clarke injured herself pretty severe-
ly when she fell off a bucket she was standing on to tie something up
high...torn ligament in her right leg!...so then there were 17 that
started the 100....Carol had her friend that was with her, whose horse
was not cleared to start, ride HER horse, Gandolf, in the 60 mile ride;
he finished 2nd, so not all was lost for Carol!

Only about 15 or 16 started in the 60 mi. ride...and Eileen Cornwell was
the only driver in the 60 mi. drive....Eileen had some bad luck at mile
13..horse spooked, put his back out, and she was out of the game....such
a valient effort, by a valient lady...she had a HORRIBLE  trip up having
gotten stuck in the mud before even leaving home as she was picking up
Marion Hawthorne...they had had torrential rain fall all morning .....
wasn't her trip.

That's all I know..I'm awaiting more info too..I could only stay Fri.
as I needed to get back to begin running mileage on our trail for the
Fl. Endurance Classic....I had posted Carol C. re: her injury and Eileen
for something else, and they posted me back with the bit of info from
above.

Oh yes! Barbara Madill also posted...she had a very good ride (100) on
her young gelding and was 1st in Middleweight!

Now, that's all I know as far as results...Steve Rojeck had sent the
horse that won it last year.."Kiddo"..their rider/crew person P.J.Janus
(?) was riding...Winkie and Matthew Mackay-Smith were there too (100).

That's all I know...I'll get back with you through ridecamp if I hear
personally.

Deena~
Inverness, Fl.