25 miler non-AERCs do pay!

>? wrote:
>2. Approx. 60% of the 25 mile entries are non-AERC members.

Those folks should be very greatful for us paying AERC members giving
them a place to ride their horses.
I believe we should charge a non-member fee the same as we do for the
other rides.

Kimberly writes:
***Sorry, I don't know who wrote the above, but non-AERC members doing
25 miles pay an extra $10 to ride, so please clarify the above
statement. Or is this not true in all rides / regions?  Question:  Now
that I'm a new AERC member, I shouldn't have to pay that extra $10 when
I do an LD ride...correct?

And then,
From: "Robert J. Morris" <bobmorris@rmci.net>

 Points to consider or comment on:
> 2. Approx. 60% of the 25 mile entries are non-AERC members.

Here again very true. If one is not looking for national or regional
recognition or is not completely supportive of the National
organization,what is the advantage of membership?

***To save $10 per ride and get the magazine!

***Remember, the gripe is respect, not awards or placings for 25
milers.  This is reflected in the "flavor" given the ride by RM.  I
really like rides where the 25ers are encouraged to asked questions,
etc.  I've been to rides where they are basically ignored and this
gives a new comer a totally different impression than the other.  Take
the time to emphasize LDs are for conditioning, training, learning, and
introduction to distance.  I bet fewer people will overrun their horses
or gripe about not having top ten placings etc (I hope!).  And
Bob...its been too long since you were green and shy cause you probably
NEVER were! <g> But this first impression could change the way you view
this sport for the rest of your life.

**** ONE more Question:  When you join AERC are they suppose to send
you a card and a number?

Kimberly (&Mystery the Morab..."I know some top ten arabs...sometimes I
pass them too...just not at a ride!")
Pt.Reyes