Re: pony saddle needed

REPLY TO 01/27/98 03:34 FROM ridecamp@endurance.net: pony saddle needed

[71903] TUE 01/27/98 03:34 FROM ridecamp@endurance.net: pony saddle needed;
        35 LINES

Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 18:01:08 -0600
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
From: Chris Paus <paus@micoks.net>
Subject: pony saddle needed

My 2 1/2 year old grandson finally wanted to ride his pony this weekend.
Until recently, he's been terrified of horses, but with gentle reassurance,
he has grown to really like them, and now goes to the refrigerator for
carrots to take to the horses as soon as he gets to grandma's house.

I desperately need a saddle for a shetland pony. Anyone have one to sell?
English or western, it doesn't matter. I've been using my 17" hunt seat
saddle on the pony and it is way too big. Her back is only 18" from teh
withers to the hips!

I'm hoping I have a trail riding buddy in the making.
---------
I have a darling little Australian Stock saddle I am not using
anymore.  It is a 12" deep seat, with poleys, so it is VERY secure.
There is a cover I used on top of it, with foam over the seat.
I felt very safe with both my kids riding in.  It also has small
covered stirrups, saddle blanket with pockets and a cinch.

The front of the tree has been taken apart by a saddle maker and
completely reinforced and made stronger.  There is also a small
horn.

There is an overgirth for the cinch that may been to be replaced,
but is still workable.

contact me for more information

Karen

To:  ridecamp@endurance.net