Re: stirrups ...things I've learned.

>I don't see how the placement of the stirrup is so
>dramatic that you cannot have a centered seat.  I can see where the
>shape of the seat could influence this, but if your feet are under you
>aligned with your hip, aren't you pulling the stirrup back too?
>Unless, of course, you use your stirrup to post and don't distribute
>any weight in your legs.... ?????

I have found that even subtile difference in sturrup placement can make a
big difference.  My wife has a an OF Patriot Officers Model.  I ride on an
updated (new shorter panels) Express model. The stirrups placement on the
Patriot is slightly ahead of that on the Express.  With the Patriot I fell
more comfortable and more in tune with the horse than on the other horse I
ride.  On him I feel much better in the express.  They have slightly
different ways of going.  Before Misty got too big to fit any saddle I
liked the stirrups just slightly forward on her.

I don't think there is "one best" position for every rider/horse
combination.  I think it depends on both the rider and the horse.

Truman

Truman Prevatt
Mystic "The Horse form Hell" Storm
Little Stormy - getting ready for her first ride in six years
The Rockman, a.k.a Misty Jr.
Jordy, a.k.a. Bridger - Finaly getting his shot

Sarasota, FL