Re: Regarding Rump Rugs!

  The first one I owned I won It was beautiful and had
leg wraps and a tail wrap to match.It went under the
saddle over the horses rump.It was impossible to roll
up due to the fact most of it was under the saddle.
  the next one made by the same lady with much
improvement was square folded to tri fold had large
grommets to tie, braid, glue or snap to saddle. It was
made of Polar Fleece facing the horses rump and a
waterproof top, also an extra piece with grommets that
was waterproof so that at the half way on a rainy day you
could cover your saddle expensive but nice.BUT it bounced
around from on side to the other often unbalanced.a friend
added nylon straps with plastic snaps that went to my
billets or girth area.This snugged it down. Now I had to snap
warp,tie and buckle.It does work. But went out and bought
what looked like an easy solution.Actually two different designed
ones.Went under the saddle tappered back over horses rump.
Same problem, even though i kept getting closer, it was close
but no cigar. Than I decided to design what I wanted and found
a seamstress to sew it.I used it all last year getting the bugs out
which were few, thank God. It has a piece that goes under the
saddle not wide, then comes back so you can tri fold it.There is
no binding to cause bulk under the saddle,Has all no fray stitching
easy roll-up  held with nylon straps and velcro. We are now trying
the light weight plastic snaps. This lady Joan Jenkins of Harvard,MA
loves horses and sewing for them.We got together and formed Equine
Designs.Neck and ear warmers, over the helmet warmers.Arabian
fancy show bridles all hand braided, lead lines, dog collars and leashs
Polar Fleece blankets, braided reins etc. All the work is hand made.

Marcy