stumbling horse./horse problems/dogs.

Just catching up on digests too:

  A background of the stumbling horse and the horse having "problems"
would really help to narrow down the possible causes and solutions.
This is true for any of these posts...what is the age of the horse?  The
experience?  Experience of the rider? Etc.,Etc.,Etc.,

  Mystery stumbled quite a bit while learning to carry weight (me).  I
thought he would be sure footed, growing up in wild hilly country, and
he was, loose without fatso on his back!  It took a couple years before
I truely trusted him.

  Horses leaning out on a cliff....I understood from more experienced
people the horse will lean outward to see where they are going...scarey
for the rider.  Rider has to not overcompensate and try to remain
centered but realize the horse needs to do this. I may be totally wrong
here.....

  Horse problems.  Everyone training a horse will have days where they
feel they've taken one step forward, two steps backward.  Just take a
breather and try not to stress over it.  If you are stressed, mad,
impatient, then the horse will pick it up and it will be worse.  If you
aren't but are still not getting through, the horse doesn't understand
what you are trying to teach it.  Consider getting the advise / lessons
from a more experienced trainer.  Even professional trainers have
trainers themselves, there is nothing wrong with it.  But preserve and
know that is part of the growing process..

  I love dogs.  I wish I could give one a good home and adopt one
immediately.  I can't, I live in an apartment right now.  I'm very
tolerant of dogs on the trail, more sometimes than I should be.  As a
dog lover, I can't imagine keeping a dog in a dark trailer, where they
can't even see outside, all day long, is better than letting them stay
at home.  I see people do this all the time at Bear Valley, Pt.Reyes
where no dogs are allowed.  How would you like to be kept in a dark
black box hours on end, just listening to the activity outside?  Thats
the ONLY complaint I have about people and their dogs.

I'm off line til Monday, hope I don't get a lot of hate mail when I come
into work!  I hope everyone has an excellent weekend, with time spent
with all their buddies, two legged and four legged.  Safe riding to you
all!
Kimberly (&Mystery the Morab...."I roll so the herd knows I belong")
& Provo the Great (&get away from me with that tape!  I dont want racing
strips, you sicko!).
Pt.Reyes, CA