Re: ride food

Lori wrote:
>	Yes, Kat, you are correct and I knew that (thus, the UltraFeul).  The
>Coca-cola at an endurance ride is merely tastebud entertainment  -- that
>wonderful fizz!

Not to be confusing here... I'm the "other" kat...

Coca-cola syrup used to be used to settle an upset
stomach.  Used to be you could still find "Coke Syrup"
on the pharmacy shelf.  No comment on whether or not
this is before or after they removed the cocaine
(thus "coca-cola").  Anyways, while a can of "Coke"
might not increase your fluid intake, it can help
you stomach food under stress and the tooth eating
acid will help your stomach digest food stuffs.

An ice cold coke or pepsi is often what tastes good
to me too.  Especially when things aren't sitting
really well.

:) - kat myers
in San Mateo (No.) Ca. with Magnum the TB ex-racer