Re: Falling off of cliffs

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:37:18 -0800 (PST) Lucy C Trumbull
<elsie@calweb.com> writes:
>> We noticed that most folks leaned <away> from the edge.  Think of
>the
>> following scenario:
>> Cliff to the right
>> Solid mountain to the left.
>>
>> Rider leans to mountain/to the left.  His/her left seat bone is now
>more
>> weighted and pushes the horse to the right, TOWARDS the edge.  Poor
>> horse is being told to side pass off the side of the mountain and he
>> probably thinks the rider is crazy.

I Disagree.  I just got on my knees and had my 7 yr old daughter ride my
back.  When she leans left, I stagger left, when she leans right I weave
to the right.  I have to stay under her weight or I fall.  The seat bone
theory didn't work.

When you do leg yields, I was told, lean in the direction that you want
the horse to go.

Angie McGhee

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]