saddle survey#2 (long)

         Re: english vs endurance model saddles
     Date:
         Mon, 19 Jan 1998 23:00:03 EST
     From:
         rides2far@juno.com (Angela C. McGhee)
      To:
         PLOUGH1@ix.netcom.com
Hi Kimberly,
I started out on a jumping saddle.  It made my horse's back sore.  But
besides that, I had major lower back pain.  It's because the jumping
seat
involves you leaning forward (hence the name forward seat)  This
position
puts a lot of strain on your lower back.  If I were going to ride an
English saddle, I would look at the dressage saddles.  Nina Warren, who
until recently was the winningest rider in history, rides an English
saddle.  So does Melissa Crain who has been in several international
competitions.

Angie McGhee

      Re: english vs endurance model saddles