Re: Dogs in camp

I bred dogs myself and do not mind well behaved dogs in camp...the
problem is they need to have well behaved *owners*!

Go to any dog show.....dogs do NOT run loose, they are tied, on leash or
crated at all times (unless they are in the agility/obed ring)  If
folks  bring dogs and keep them contained at all times, I enjoy seeing
them.

What I don not like are dogs running all over camp, peeing on my tent,
barking at all hours, and pilfering food.

At the Man Against Horse ride last fall, someone had their German Shep
there ( a very lovely dog) at the banquet, he was wandering inbetween
the tables, putting his nose in the food, and just generally annoying
everyone!!  His owner was standing right there letting it happen!

I woke up Sunday morning and had to boot someone's Aussie out of my box
of food in my tent!

It is dog owners like these that cause the problems and get dogs
banned.  (Our city no longer allows dogs in the city parks *at all*
because no one would pick up their animals droppings.)

there must be some sort of compromise.....if your dogs is loose, you are
DQ'd from the ride perhaps?

enough rambling,

tracy