Re: dirty gray horses

Patty Lambert wrote:
>Could the rolling in dirt have something to do
> with the horse wanting to camouflage itself? Like maybe this goes way
> back to his "caveman" ancestors??

Sounds good & quite likely, but I still like to believe that my gray is
just a pig.  If there isn't a muddy spot, he'll paw and make one, then
roll so that he is covered everywhere.  He's the only horse I know that
pushes off with his forehead for the flip over.  He <always> has dirt
bewteen his eyes.

Linda Flemmer
the gray/bay/chestnut depending on the available camouflage