hiking boots

Glenda,

Yes, hiking boots are wonderful, especially if you need ankle support. I
learned the hard way: was running with my horse in the first part of the
OD 50 & turned an ankle, broke a bone in my foot (finished the ride
though, thanks to the vet's "wonderful* taping job at McCoys, plus quite
a few naproxen  - just had to learn to dismount  landing on one foot and
my crew did all the trot-outs!) So be sure to get a pair of boot with
uppers that are rigid enough & high enough - Vasque makes wonderful
boots. Oh yes, and get them big enough that you can put some nice cushy
orthotics inside. Good luck.

Patty Lambert