Price of Horses

From: Karen Malcor-Chapman
Email: khornerstone@jps.net

<< The day has come when people outside our sport no longer think we ride horses fresh from the killers....we are now BREEDING good horses. And, suitably, they should command better prices for the sellers.
I, too, am one of those who would reduce the price on my animal if the home is the right one. Even if at a loss.
Teddy>>

Me too!  Although endurance is not my primary market - I breed horses that are substantial enough, sound enough and mentally able to be excellent endurance horses and I love seeing them go to good USING homes, to the point where I do adjust prices if I feel the match is a good one.

This year we've been thrilled to lease for breeding a mare that I bred myself 11 years ago, and who has, in the meantime, completed the Tevis two years in a row with her owner Heidi Paul.  Sir's Pride has been (and will be again) an excellent endurance horse, and, although she's not related to my stallion, it's great to look at the two of them, both products of my own breeding decisions, and see the similarities - great bone, straight legs, balanced bodies, and, as a couple new to endurance riding said when they visited us recently - "your horses are all so great - they all have "big feet"! <grin>  When you add the great dispositions there's just nothing you can't do, IMHO!

We look forward to the 1999 foal of Khornerstone KpM and Sir's Pride with great anticipation and hope... and if there's an endurance career in that foal's future (or any of its siblings), then we'll cheer with much happiness!  Meanwhile, I get to ride a Tevis horse, too! <grin> Bet she doesn't stop at yard sales like my stallion does! <g>

- Karen
KpM Cornerstone Arabians
http://www.kpmcornerstone.com