Re: wide gait in hind end

I trotted Ben Amil out for Ray Randall when vetting in at last year's
Biltmore Ride.  When we got back he said "Well, he won't interfere.  He
goes like a goose with turpentine up his butt!"   Actually, Ben does what
I call the Arab squat - gets very wide as his trot gets faster and he
over-extends  quite a bit.  Never known him to interfere and hurt himself
while doing this, either...