Re: ride food

REPLY TO 01/19/98 06:04 FROM ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: ride food

[71237] MON 01/19/98 06:04 FROM ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: ride food; 33 LINES

From: Cyberpony <Cyberpony@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 08:16:17 EST
To: karen@chaton.gardnerville.nv.us
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: Re: ride food

>  Gu (definitely my favorite!)

>  That's about it.  Usually, the only thing that really keeps me going is
>  having several Gu's...otherwise, I don't eat enough.

Okay, I give up . . . . . . What's a Gu?

~Nora

---------------
It's a small packet of dextrose-based quick-energy food stuff.....
different sugars and electrolytes.   They are about an oz., and you
can easily carry them in a pocket or saddlebag.

Same idea as a powerbar, but easier to eat!  You tear off the top
and squeeze the gel into your mouth.

I carry them on the horse for those times I am getting fatigued,
but it's still an hour until lunch stop.

But, mainly, I use them for long runs......since I have some odd
blood-sugar fluctuations and they keep me from totally crashing.

I really like the orange, all other flavors make me gag!  Power bars
has also come up with a power gel; the lemon lime is good!

Karen

To:  ridecamp@endurance.net