Re: For vets, males, and stallion owners

Dear Teddy and others,
Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth to this one (that's only about
1/2 cent U.S. these days, so you may be getting what you pay for :>  )

Most Standardbreds have a wide gait in the hind end when they get going,
unlike most riding horses who stay fairly vertical in comparison.  Some of
the Standardbreds on the treadmill will actually kick the sides of the
frame due to the wide action of the hind legs.  I've rarely run into this
problem with riding horses on the treadmill.  Given the difference in gait
the equine "jock straps" may not be useful on a riding horse, although the
horse may give you an emphatic answer if you try one out on him!

Gayle