Re: Youth Endurance Saddles

Joane Pappas White wrote:

> A couple of issues ago, someone wrote that they had a youth endurance saddle for sale and would have it at the convention. Please contact me directly.
>
>  My little friend Morgan, age 10, needs an endurance saddle.  He is
> currectly riding in a 40 year old Hereford Saddle which is great for roping but has its limitations for distance.
>
> Today he commented that his knees were bothering him--something I thought was limited to we "older" riders.  My knees kill me in my western saddle but never bother me in our endurance types.
>
> WHICH SADDLES DO OUR JUNIOR RIDERS USE?  I measured Morgan's saddle and it is a 13 inches western saddle.  Please recommend a youth saddle for Morgan and Baby Tzar who has no withers.
>
> Thanks, Joane

Joane,

I had the same trouble with my 11 yo last yaer. I finally got her a 16"
english wintec synthetic. The price is right and it kind of sticks to
them . I looked into aussies.... which probably would be the right
direction for aomeone who's used to western style seating. A good aussie
saddle without the horn and the nice poleys that block your thigh from
coming forward during a spook are nice features for a youth saddle to
have. I just didn't want to spend the money at the time for one. There
should be some sites on the net for aussie saddles if you do a search.

Good luck
happy tails

Susan