Re: assisting downed riders

 Glenda,

This perception that endurance riders will run you over rather than
assist you is pervasive.  There was an article just this year in one
of my sister's Morgan newsletters about that.  And here I am trying
to convince her that endurance people are wonderful and so much more
friendly and helpful than other equine sports.  Someone decided to
try endurance after having done ctr.  Apparently there was a problem
on the trail and they were just passed by by several riders.  Very
unfortunate.  Maybe we need to punish these people just as we do
drivers.  Get the "license" number off that horse!

Linnea & Pesadilla

Linnea G. Skoglund, Ph.D.
Dept. Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523
970.491.6950
970.491.3862 (fax)