Re: AERC completion time rule - feedback wanted

In a message dated 98-01-16 07:42:26 EST, katswig@deltanet.com writes:

<<
 Yes, there have been many examples at rides I have atteended personally,
 and the "problem" was "resolved" by falsifying the official results.

 I, personally, am of the opinion that this is a problem that should not be
 ignored (as I am of the opinion that rules, if they are to be rules,
 should not be selectively ignored--rules, if they are rules should be
 enforced strictly or stricken from the books, in fact, as Abraham Lincoln
 once said, "The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it
 strictly.")

 kat
 Orange County, Calif. >>

Ahhh, but rules are made to be broken!!!!  I have yet to find a rule where an
exception could not be found.  I, too, have been to rides where rules were
bent and reports fudged....ALL, I might add, in the best interest and WITH the
approval of fellow riders...I think that says something about our rules....

Teddy