tying to the trailer

I don't know about tying to a trailer without a truck attached to it.
My cousin tells a funny story about tying one of her working cow horses
to an unhooked trailer only to look out the window to see the horse
walking along with the trailer in tow...   Of course, this WAS a cow
horse so maybe he thought he was roping or something.  I guess I'd just
say to block the trailer VERY securely.