Re: automatic vs standard transmissions for hauling

<< VervaetP@deruyter.K12.NY.US
 I'm looking for opinions (and probably will get a few) regarding pros and
 cons of automatic transmissions vs standard when hauling a horse trailer.
 We have a 3 horse/slant load/extra long gooseneck trailer (all aluminum).
 We're "discussing" our next truck and have somewhat opposing opinions, so
 tell us yours! >>

I would not drive anything BUT a manual transmission...at LEAST 5 speed.
Aluminum trailers are NOT lighter...I have a 26 foot 4H slant with LQ.  It
weights 13,000 loaded...maxing out ANY picku-up on the market.  I ruined a
Dodge Diesel (trans/rear end) pulling this.  I got a 9 speed Freightliner
instead...I LOVE it!!!

Teddy