automatic vs standard transmissions for hauling

VervaetP@deruyter.K12.NY.US
I'm looking for opinions (and probably will get a few) regarding pros and
cons of automatic transmissions vs standard when hauling a horse trailer.
We have a 3 horse/slant load/extra long gooseneck trailer (all aluminum).
We're "discussing" our next truck and have somewhat opposing opinions, so
tell us yours!
Paula