Re: For vets, males, and stallion owners

In a message dated 98-01-15 05:35:45 EST, CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com writes:

<< As both a rider of stallions and a veterinarian, I would have to say that
the
 hardening of the testicles that you noticed with your stallion at Death
Valley
 was NOT normal.  Although I can visualize the possibility of this happening
 from irritation from the ride, I have never seen such a thing happen.  I
would
 think it would only be possible with some sort of variation in his gait,
which
 I would think either you or the ride vets or both would have noticed.  Also,
 such a problem from irritation would tend to be painful, and in my opinion,
 would further a gait abnormality as he would tend to try to move his hind
legs
 in such a way as to avoid the irritation. >>

Has anyone ever tried a "jock strap" on an endurance horse?  They use them in
harness racing.

Teddy