completion time rule -my last comm

In a message dated 98-01-14 20:38:51 EST, bobmorris@rmci.net writes:

<<  If
 the younger set needs special treatment and a VERY level field then let
 them go to Competitive Trail Riding. If the majority of riders can do the >>

hey bob.. ctr-- read natrc is anything but level..  since  the placings are
someones opinion.. thats why many ctr riders go to endurance..  ctr can be a
bit cut throat.. as i have posted before..

this discussion has been great.. may not get a change   but maybe we will see
the current time rule adhered to by more ride mgmt  and get the bod  to
offically  say the ride mgr can allow completions  under special situations.

but until then i will stick to the 12/24 rule

i take endurance much more seriously then i do ctr..

when we ran our ride we held fast.. we had riders ot and they were dqed.. they
did not come back the next year..  we had one rider that was right at 12 hrs..
that one completed  all the others were from 2 min  and more late.. were ot
and out..

that was the rule we stuck to it..

when i ride i assume i have to be in on time.. i was never ot.  close  but we
just pushed on to make it .. if the horse was not in shape.. we quit before
the finish..and got a ride to camp.

i dont agree we need to open the times  to allow the very slow and unfit
horses to finish..
the current rule while not the best. does the job . and many dont like it  JL
TR..
 the bottom line its the way it is.. i dont see it changing.

if a ride falls apart due to all the foregone problems outside the control of
mgmt.. they may be able to give completions.. without posting 10 riders at a
11:59 finish time..
just show no time but  completion only.. they get the miles only. it does not
carry the same weight as one who finshes on time and gets a 'placing'

where is the justice.. if only one rider or 20 riders make it in on time and
the others dont..I would not consider these as performing the same task  and
it lowers the significance of the award..

Carol does not agree.. she wants exceptions..
After reading all these posts from the old guard and the new ones..
I vote for the hard line.. even though my prev posts offers an out.. on a case
by case basis.. if the rule 6.1 permits that ---then we dont need a change.
There has to be a fixed target to shoot for..
We want rides with correct mileage and and a standard time to complete. It is
what endurnace is about. I never felt it was a wimpy sport.

IT has been working.. sometimes the dog bites us..  we just have to get over
it..

I will go with Julie..  Hedi / Deby  and even Bob   thanks..
roger r

wounder how long this will go on??  remember how long general discussions took
when all we had was mail- phone calls and the Enews..

this will die in week when most of us are at the convention..