Re: Keep it simple.

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998 14:08:05 EST, Marinera <Marinera@aol.com> wrote:

>Everyone wants to be known as a good sport. Good sports take their lumps  and
>they realize there can not be  a rule or an exception to the rule to cover
>every possible contingency.  So, for the sake of the sport of endurance
>riding, keep it simple.  Otherwise we will founder on a set of complex rules
>that no rider or ride manager can interpret or comprehend.
>     Julie Suhr

Of course, we can make it simpler still by removing the rule from the
AERC rulebook and allowing ride managers to set their own times
according to their trail conditions, the way we used to do it.
There's been far more controversy over the rule and its implementation
than there ever was over ride times before it was adopted.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net