Re: AERC completion time rule - feedback wanted

Hi, Teddy--

The problem with lack of expertise with ride managers should be handled by the
sanctioning directors.  If they have new people/new rides, some pre-ride
overseeing is definitely in order.  If El Nino dumps in San Diego on Super
Bowl day, are we going to say gee, Denver or Green Bay, we're really sorry you
got bogged down on that drive, we'll give you an extra down and an extra
minute to see if you can get some points on the board.  I think not.

The limits are there, and if I am not capable of meeting the standards, I
haven't completed the ride.  If bad things happen to good people, sympathy is
in order, but not points or miles.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)