Re: AERC completion time rule - feedback wanted

Gosh Bob, maybe I goofed.  But I quoted the entire Rule 6.1 in my post
to Steph.   Could you point out the additional langauge that limits Rule
6.1 to Top Ten Finishers?

Save yourself the effort, Bob, it's not there.  Your argument is based
upon your personal interpretation and understanding of the rules.

My discussion was based on the actual words of the rule itself.  Nothing
in the rule limits it's application to top ten finishers, they are only
mentioned.  Since the rule was adopted as written, it is subject to my,
as well as your, interpretation.  In other words it is ambiguous.

You might note that in most cases a court will reverse any sanction
issued to a rider based upon an alledged violation of an ambiguously
written rule.

So now I suppose you will argue we should all know what the rules mean
regardless of what they say.  Skip it, Bob, I've heard that one before.

Ramey.