completion time rule

All right I love a really "hot button" topic. Especially when its cold
outside.

I think Bob Morris does make a valid point, as does Linda Van Ceylon.
I don't want unlimited time to finish just because a trail is a little
tougher - as someone who is not at the caliber to be able to race a
tougher ride gives me a personal challenge.  But Ride managers should
not have to choose between having extra vet holds and pace  - one compromise
I would personally like to see is shorten the current completion time a
little bit but exclude hold times from completion times.

>I very definitely disagree with Ramey. He fails to state the entire rule
>61.1 This rule pertains only to those finishing in the TOP TEN, not those
>finishing in over 12 hours in a fifty!!!  Ramey , you should know better!!

I hope this rule does not pertain only to the top ten.  If I get confused
and do a loop backwards as does someone who finished in top ten why should
they get a completion and not me?   I understand that is not fair to give
placing to someone who is not doing the "exact" same course because the
other placers do not have the opportunity to see how far behind (or ahead)
they are and adjust their pace accordingly.

Teresa