Re: AERC completion time rule - feedback wanted

In a message dated 98-01-13 04:04:42 EST, bobmorris@rmci.net writes:

<<
 Yes, Yes, something needs to change. Most particularly ATTITUDE!!  This is
 ENDURANCE RIDING not a Sunday picnic in the park. If you want to have every
 thing easy and sure then go ride on a merry-go-round (even then the thing
 may break down). Why can we not live with the thought endurance riding was
 not intended to be easy??? It once was "to finish is to win" Now it is "if
 I don't finish I will complain".

 Guess being a Marine spoiled me.

Maybe it did, Bob.  BUT, consider the expertise of ride managers (some
judgements regarding trail difficulty not made well, MANY courses not measured
well) and course designers (ditto) and good old mother nature....there ARE
instances when times cannot be met through NO fault or decision on the part of
the rider.  I still vote for total RIDING time, not just total time.

Teddy