Re: AERC completion time rule - feedback wanted

Steph,

I feel that the completion time rule you are proposing is a good idea.

Don't think that you can spell out the extenuating circumstances though.
Possible the wording could be similar to this.  Extenuating circumstances
would include,( but not be limited to the following): The final decision
should  be at Ride Managers descretion.  If specific things are named, there
is always some strange thing that breaks the rule.

We need to remember why most of us do this sport.  It is an Endurance Riders
(we are a strange breed!)  idea of fun.  We call it relaxation?  We also
enjoy the socialization with other, down to earth, horse people.  The
endurance people always give me a sense of extended family.

We are not out there to improve ourselves, per se, or to build character, at
least I'm not.

Hope to see a lot of you at Convention in Kentucky.  Stop & say hello.

Pat Fredrickson
Natural Horse Handling Rope Halters
http://www.catechnologies.com/patfred