Completion times

Ride Camp:
Steph thought I should share with you my reply to her query on the
completion time rule so here it is.

Yes, I am quite biased about this modification to the rules. Initially
because it has been in effect for a considerable period of time and has
caused no problems for ride managers. Second, while I concur with your
observation that the rule is violated at times, the real losers are those
who think they benefit by it. They have not met the criteria for completion
yet get the false credit. The true completers know they did the job!
Third, why must we always make exceptions!!!

This last reason is the one that concerns me the most. Is it our (AERC)
responsibility to lower the standards so no one will feel the sting of
defeat?? This factor of defeat is what made Endurance Riding! You do not
win every time. This is real life, not the false one every one is trying to
promote. Not the Lake Wobegon life where every one wins!!

I have encountered every exception you have listed and so have many others
and we do not whine.

I strongly oppose any modifications to the rules that make it possible for
"exceptions".

I strongly oppose any ride manager who "modifies the rules" for exceptions.

I strongly oppose any thing that makes completing an endurance ride easier.

THE NAME OF THE GAME IS ENDURANCE

Of course I am from the old school (20 + years of endurance) and am not
used to asking for special provisions.

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID