Warner Sprgs/dampened spirits

Thanks Terry for the Great Hospitality....Claire and I were really looking
forward to a nice ride. We got back to Las Vegas about 4:00 p.m. Looks like it
had rained here also........
It was great getting to visit with the riders I usually see at our rides. Some
other LVDR members were there also. I guess we could blame El Nino for the bad
luck of having about 14 hours of on/off showers which prevented the ride from
starting.

When Terry came by at 4:30 a.m. to say the ride was cancelled, I was relieved
she had made such a brave decision for all of us that probably would have
ridden. She's
a very thoughtful ride manager and we will return next year.

The thick mud getting out of camp looked worse than it was, everyone would "
Cheer" each time someone made it through without getting stuck.... Jeff
Briscoe would stop traffic so everyone could get out safely.

Well Terry, I know why you wanted us to bring our swim-suits <g>. We had a
great time, we never made it to the Hot Springs,  the husbands wanted to get
going. For sure, next time..

Hope everyone had a safe trip home and we'll see ya'll at another ride.

Peggie Norton