Re: Next endurance prospects

Hi who ever you are?

I would like to respond to you.  Unless I know who you are and if you are a
horse owner or owner AND breeder.  Other than saying: I completely think
you are off base thinking 200. horses will jeopardize Endurance
competition.

The point is You don't need a 4,000. + dollar horse to compete (and compete
well.)  Price of horses should never discourage an individual from thinking
a 200 horse can not compete.  Horse breeders can take care of them
selves.......

Woops I commented   (*The 500.00 horse.  It wasn't the price that was bad,
it was the choise of horses)IMHO  no offence meant........

Sigrid

>    I did not see one message regarding paying the price a horse is worth.
>     If we are not willing to pay what a horse is worth, who is going to
>keep breeding top horses?
>      I do not have a  problem paying top dollar for a well bred horse that
>a professional breeder has spent time, money, energy, and heart breeding.
>If it costs $1200 a year to raise a horse, Why aren't we willing to spend
>what the horse cost to raise??
>     If we are not willing to spend the money for these horses, the
>breeders are not going to have the devotion  to breed good horses.
>     I, too, have purchased horses for $500, those horses needed someone
>who was an excellent rider, and had the time a patience to correct  someone
>elses mistakes.  Those horses are rare and I usally spent 2 years getting
>the horse to where it could do a  50 mile ride in a decent state. (I also
>ended up putting at least $2500 into the horse before I did my first 50.) I
>also bought $500 horses that were $100 horses and I waisted alot of time
>and energy on  a useless horse!!!
>     If we, as a group, are not willing to pay for these horses  who will
>be breeding are next endurance prosects????

The Space Cadet