Re: Stone bruises & hoof hardeners

To harden my horses feet, I use stones and rocks.
I moved from a wet region to a drier place with well-drained, rocky paddocks.
We train over stony and rocky terrain.
The fact that we have had well below our average rainfall for 13 of the
past 16 months has contributed to *very* hard feet!
Gradually introducing training over stony tracks will toughen your horse's
feet naturally, however, with Nikita's flat, shelly feet I found the use of
Shocktamer Rim Pads also helped her through two intensive years of
competition.

Regards,

Luke

steelela@hotmail.com -or-