AERC Convention

From: MaryAnne Bobrow
Email: aerc@foothill.net

Hi Everyone.

I should have a "pretty" convention update tomorrow that we'll post at AERC's web site.  In the meantime, I did want to give you a rundown of tentative dates and times -- at least as far as the speakers are concerned.  Committees are still trying to decide on their times and I'll update those as well.

Don't forget that the Trade Show held at AERC's Convention is FREE OF CHARGE to everyone; it's the seminars that there's a fee for.  AERC has great vendors -- both new and returning -- and you absolutely MUST make time for them and yourself.  We like to think of the vendors as having everything you need for both the horse and the rider!

Here's the lineup of speakers:

Thursday, January 22, 1998:

6:00 PM - Paul Summler
7:00 PM - Jeannie Waldron
8:00 PM - Dr. Nancy Loving

7:00 PM - AERC Board of Directors' meeting

Friday, January 23, 1998:

7:30 AM - Registration begins
8:00 AM - USET/AHSA meetings
(tentative)
8:00 AM - Trade Show Opens
8 AM - Noon:  Veterinarian Tour of Gluck Center and EPM Update from Brad Bense
8:30 AM - Attorney Gena McCann
10:00 AM - Dr. Steve Duran
11:00 AM - Valerie Kanavy
Noon - Mimi Porter (Equine Therapy)
1 PM - 4 PM - CEU Program for Vets
1:30 PM - Dr. Kathleen Crandall
2:30 PM - Dr. Joe Pagan
3:30 PM = Endurance Riders' Panel (Danielle Kanavy, Roger Blalock, Earle Baxter, and Beck Hart; Stagg Newman, Moderator)
4:00 PM - Veterinary Committee meeting
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM No host Bar but music and a keg of beer sponsored by the Daniel Boone Distance Riders!
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Awards Dinner
9 PM - Midnight:  AERC/Ride & Tie Co-sponsored dance.  Music provided by great DJ's from Grooves on the Move.  Karaoke starts at 10 PM!

Saturday, January 24, 1998

7:00 AM - USET meeting (tentative)
7:30 AM - Registration opens
8:00 AM - Trade Show opens
8:00 AM - Installation of Officers
8:30 AM - General Session (Open Mike)
10:00 AM - Keynote Address by Dr. Thomas Tobin
Noon - Shirley McQuillen (tentative)
1:30 PM - Dr. Mike Foss
3:00 PM - Dr. Lani Newcomb
4:00 PM - Limited Distance program (First time ever!)
6:00 PM - No host cocktail hour
7:00 PM - National Awards dinner

Sunday, January 25, 1998

7:30 AM - AERC Board of Directors meeting.

A complete listing will be coming tomorrow.

MaryAnne