Re: wise buy!/demand=price?quality=price?

In a message dated 98-01-07 21:48:04 EST, polstar@ll.net writes:

<<
 Time for a story.  Yup there is  always  a story,  what can be said.
 Grampa (who will be un-named ) told me" Yup my son paid between 150,000. or
 200,000.(think the price goes up every time the story is told it was over
 100,000. OK)  for a weenling race horse at the auction a few years ago in
 kentucky.  My comment was "Must be one hell of a horse"   His comment to me
 was "NO, he was the idiot who paid that much for it. "

 I always figure it is a 50 / 50 chance ya have for soundness alone by the
 time they reach 4 and don't break a leg etc. etc. etc..

 I always remember this  when buying a horse.

AMD, remember this, it costs just as much to feed a cheap horse as an
expensive one.

Teddy