Re: Next endurance prospects

I have been reading all these postings bragging about bargain horses.  Your
message about paying what a horse is worth encouraged me to add my opinion.
Good breeders can only continue breeding programs specifically for endurance
horses if endurance riders are willing to pay for good endurance prospects.
Three years ago I purchased a two year old gelding from Bellesemo Arabians.
He is now five and starting to do endurance.  I think he is going to be
wonderful.  I paid more for him than I would have for a backyard horse, but in
the long run the difference is minimal.  The purchase price is often the least
of the expenses involved with owning a horse.  I hope that more endurance
riders will turn to reputable breeders when looking for a prospect so that
breeding programs can continue.  Sometimes bargain hunting can be
shortsighted.

Debby