Help! Runaway!

From: debbie
Email: mrwallet@key-net.net

This is the first horse I have owned that I couldn't control. As he is very fit right now when he is with other horses he thinks he he is in a race. The weird way he gets control is by arching his neck and drawing it in as far as he can. He doesn't open his mouth like some horses do. I was told to tie a can under his throatlatch, but that seems drastic. I use a mild grazing bit that seems to fit well. He only does this getaway thing when he thinks he is competing or when we are heading home sometimes. He isn't sore anywhere that I can find..Suggestions welcome..Thanks