Re: Is There A Best Breed

Duncan,

I would suspect that the Arab is a "better choice" for endurance in the
hotter climates - such as the US.  I would suspect that in the cooler
climates of say England this advantage would not be as great.  The Arab
evolved in the hotter climates of the world and hence has evolved to be
better able to handle the heat.

Of course the Paso was developed in the hot climates of Central and South
America, but it has not been around for nearly as long.

But we are getting more horses out into endurance and that is good, very good.

Later
Truman